Tejal Desai serves as the Chief Operating Officer of Hook Law overseeing the operations of the firm, including firm profitability, strategic and tactical planning, business development and strategic partnerships, and personnel development. Mr. Desai is passionate about delivering top-notch client service along with developing an environment where all members of the firm can succeed and thrive. Over the span of his career, Mr. Desai has been an executive that has led the growth of an operating company from less than 500 employees in one state to over 2,000 employees in multiple states. He has been involved in the acquisition, development, or disposition of close to $1 billion in commercial real estate transactions and has acted as in-house counsel managing internal clients and external counsel in a variety of matters including: commercial litigation, complex real estate closings, employee relations matters, business structuring, investor relations, and commercial loan workouts. Mr. Desai has vast experience in capital markets and capital improvements, having most recently raised and deployed over $90 million in capital from high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and institutional investors into real estate investments across the country from 2016 to 2019.
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2007
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law | Juris Doctor, 2007
- The Pennsylvania State University, Smeal College of Business | MBA in Strategic Leadership, 2007
- University of Virginia | Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 2002
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO)
- Ballet Virginia International, Board Member